07 October 2013

The sky's pink

It's been a month.
Wow, guys, wow.
I thought I was a dedicated writer!
Well, now I know why WDM dropped out of high school and why Mark Twain never let school interfere with his education...
School is a regular nuisance.
Now that I have, you know, mentors... meaning writers... that have been dead years and years now...
Except, of course, my dear esteemed WDM,
And my experiences at Blue Tree--SHOUTOUT TO SIENA IF YOU'RE READING THIS!--I know what's of true value: outside-of-the-box stuff. Arabic classes at JHU. Selling your sewing machine for a typewriter and then typing I hate this typewriter a few mazillion times and taping the notes to your walls. Or Post-Its. That's my current project, Post-Its on my walls in French or German or Spanish or quotes from The Great Gatsby or Franny and Zooey or something. It's a pleasurable life for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment