14 July 2013

Ramble On

    Led Zeppelin. I'm back from Lindley G. Cook 4-H camp! It was really an awesome experience. I was sort of stewing in the house for a while before camp, so it was nice to get a change of scenery. Now I'm refreshed and covered in bug bites. I met so many cool people! It's amazing how much you can do in a week, in the boonies, NJ. Here's some stuff that I learned/people that I met/things that I just did in general.
-met an adorable little kid named Tomás; I counseled him in the proper way to ask his dad for his new favorite video game. HE WAS SO SWEET! He knew all of the characters' names and everything. He just came up to me one day during kayaking class and started talking, and the next thing I know, he was my BNYOF (Best Nine-Year-Old Friend)! Huh.
-learned how to canoe
-met an... interesting guy my age who occasionally wore SUSPENDERS and knew possibly every Frank Sinatra song that existed
-took 5-minute showers every darn day
-teased Jessie about her SOULMATE
-hung out with a cool Russian guy and his Green Day-loving friend
-met a girl who raised chickens and ducks! I guess that's 4-H for you.
-met a kid named, heh, Alvin who acted exactly like L from Death Note! He looked exactly like this, no lie. It was a little creepy.  He even sat like L! WEIRD.
-had a counselor named Dallas!
-met someone who was like Tess! Tess, kindly read this and comment. Are you related to a Lucinda Ryan?
-ate pudding/cool whip/sprinkles/brownie/cookie mixture without hands. #vikingdinner
-oh lordy I just used a hashtag. I have way too much free time
-made a candle! Yay, so artsy.
    And lots of other stuff, mostly involving a counselor from England who dressed like One Direction, a counselor who liked Doctor Who and Naruto and making up Norwegian-sounding songs for Viking Dinner, and a counselor whose name was LUUUUUUUKE and had big poofy hair and was an uncannily enthusiastic bootay shaker (please, don't ask) and spoiled the ending of Death Note for me. But all in all, camp was the best, dear readers! THE BEST JERRY THE BEST.

No comments:

Post a Comment