18 July 2013

The autumn moon lights my way

    I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday and I got this AWESOME leather journal--two, actually--that had an absolutely mesmerizing Celtic sort of print. It was green. AND it smelled like leather. I can't wait till I become a hermit and write in my journal out in the wilderness while I eat bananas and listen to Moonlight Sonata and plant larkspurs and various types of vegetables! It'll be great. My hermit life is really coming along...
    I'm going to a Billy Joel cover band tonight, along with an acquaintance of mine who appreciates good music from the 80s era! Maybe I shouldn't become a hermit. I'll never meet a kindred spirit my age who actually knows who Simon & Garfunkel is. That could get sort of sad. On the rare occasion that I do come across one of those, it does tend to restore my faith in humanity.
    For my next camp, I'm supposed to print out the lyrics to a song that inspires me... these two have somewhat meaningful-sounding lyrics, so here are the contenders--
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IiH4PLPtRgM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
and
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uKVp-atyiVA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 comments:

  1. SIMON AND GARFUNKEL BUDDIES!

    *virtual high five*

    And I approve of your leather journal. I have two myself, actually. One's this weird mint-green colour (such sophistication in such a small word with a fabulous English spelling)and the other is just plain brown.

    Don't mind me; I'm just casually stalking your blog. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, YES! Like I said, when you meet one, something amazing happens. And faith is temporarily restored. Ooh, really? Yeah, I spell colour like that too, and it's a thousand times classier--ah, sorry, schnazzier. And c'mon, plain brown! Gotta love the quiet sophistication and classic-ness of that.
      Don't worry, Tay Tay hearts stalkers. Stalking is appreciated (as long as it's not a few select people you're familiar with...)!

      Delete