05 March 2014

Peace of Mind

     I love this song now. I got into it after hibachi on Friday, when F was driving me back home with N in the car as well, and her mom started playing her Boston CD because that's just how she's like, and F started raving about Peace of Mind and Foreplay and all. I'm really into the former though, like really really. But Boston is the best in general. That, and All Day and All of the Night. So, Boston and the Kinks.
     Tomorrow is my interview for BA. Surprisingly, I'm not nervous yet. It's probably just the calm before the storm, and god does that sound ominous, but I'll take it. It's about a thousand times better than going ballistic with stress weeks in advance like I usually do.
     My mom was doing my hair for me and she said I've been acting happier in the last week. Maybe it's because it's my birthday, maybe not. I smiled to myself because I know the reason. At least one reason. I think it all started at hibachi with my film-night friends, and it got better and better because I was done with my Rising Sun interview.
     I'm also a little glad to be done with writing class in a few weeks. Even though I love being in the city and getting to walk around by myself like an independent woman or something, I don't like being pressured to write. Then again, if I didn't go out every Saturday morning to be constructive, my day would inevitably fall to ruin... I'd just lie around doing nothing. But the writing... The writing is so hard all of a sudden. I don't like to think, but I do like to think that it's some of his attitude rubbing off on me, and of course my "newfound" listlessness (wonder where that came from) has to do with it. I just... My mindset changes so often that I can't keep up writing a story. I think my problem is that I'm trying to write a "perfect story," or at least one that captures perfectly my essence right now. Unfortunately for me, that's pretty much impossible, seeing as my thoughts and even how I carry myself change so often it's not even funny. I can't keep up with myself, honestly. It's very tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment